Thursday, January 21, 2010

#235

















CONTACT WHITE MAGDELENA TO PURCHASE
HINGHAM SQUARE
(781) 749-0048

Other news; Sniffle. . . One of my paintings didn't get accepted into a juried show. . . truth be told, I'm not as sad as I thought I'd be. Besides, tomorrow night is book club - we read (or some of us read) a book titled - Elegance of the Hedgehog - in it there are profound thoughts, such as "Stay centered without losing your shorts," when I figure out what all this means, I'll be sure to post it. In the meantime, regrettably, the book was a French translation, so I've decided I should cook French things (oui, oui) . . . or sort of. . .blogger, Julie Powell, I am not.


6 comments:

  1. Sorry about the show. This piece is gorgeous~!

    I enjoyed Hedgehog. It is amazing but hard to read in parts (depressing). Overall the message is simple, interesting and positive though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very accomplished artist once stated in a workshop that I took that being an artist means paying people to reject your work. :)

    I recently listened to Elegance of the Hedgehog on CD when I was traveling home from Savannah. There were two readers; a "mature" woman for Renee and a young girl for Paloma. I was mesmerized. The narrative; however, was so intricate that I wondered if I'd have had the patience to actually "read" the book. I loved the Profound Thoughts, though.

    Let us know how the French cooking turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can't believe I forgot to tell you that I love this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this painting, Lisa! And the one from yesterday as well - both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it's Duxbury, I didn't get in, either. I love your work and say "To heck with them!" This piece, I think, is one of my favorites. I think, maybe, I say that a lot about your posts. I did give out your blog address at my workshop and pulled up your blog on my computer (to assorted "ooooh's and aaaaah's). You work is beautiful. I am not affected by the rejection, and I can't understand why. It usually bothers me a little bit, anyway. Not this time! Maybe my skin is getting thick enough, maybe I've got so many good things going on in my artistic life that this is just a blip on the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa,
    I just came across your blog and really enjoy your style and brush stroke. I particularly love this this painting because of the style and use of color. My grandparents traveld a lot to Arizona and we visited every winter/spring and had grapefruit. I can just smell the grapefruit and the colors remind me of their home. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete