Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Boat Boat #373























SOLD
Let me tell you something about painting boats;

a. They don't stay still
b. I'm quite sure they weren't this close together in real life

It was challenging, one would move, so I couldn't get the window things right, my composition started off a little different too and then as the tide shifted, well. . . you know.

BUT did you see the cover of the summer LL Bean catalog? It is by Colin Page, I love his paintings! So, I was all happy to do boats, how he did that many on one painting is beyond me, I could only manage two.

Contact White Magdelena to purchase
60 South Street, Hingham Square, MA
781-749-0048

Other News:
I keep painting near dogs. Today, it was a WET chocolate lab - fresh out of the drink.


7 comments:

  1. LOVE this painting! The colors are good and I like your impressionistic style. Plein air painting is always an adventure, isn't it!? :-)

    I'm not familiar with Colin Page so will look him up. Its always fun to look at new artists (new to me, anyway!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looked up Colin's work! DUH!! I am familiar with his work and I LOVE it! I wish he did daily paintings with a blog. Anyway, thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you found these boats difficult to paint, I can't tell by looking at 'em. I just love how your brushwork looks so care-free and competent at the same time. Lovely as always Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!

    I want to do a bigger one with more boats now and see what happens - I think I'll have to try a photo again though, which I haven't done in awhile since that figure I did - I've been afraid to try it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your loose style. This little landscape is wonderful...also like the distant background and the brushwork!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving are not you did a beautiful job!!!

    ReplyDelete