Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Picnic #401























SOLD
I didn't realize when I set this up the color was very appropriate for this time of year, it wasn't until just now I saw it. . . I did this little one today, plus a bigger one and then wrapped up the day beside a boathouse painting the ever changing light - that was HARD!

I thought after two paintings here I'd be all warmed up. Oh, no, no, it was decidedly not so. I pulled something out if it toward the end, but I spent a good hour wishing that little landscape would blow off the easel (accidentally, of course) and fall between the slats of the deck into the water. . . okay, that was intense. . . I might not be fully over it. . .

Other News: Brie, the office assistant, is up for a job promotion - she wants to be my agent.


15 comments:

  1. Lovely loose piece Lisa. Especially the red peeking through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and loose, as always. Your style is so inviting to the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Find myself moving all over this painting. So much to discover, a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of colors and contrast to really nail this to the back of the eye. Love how the petals have such a loose, choppy quality yet - offsetting that "sketched" feel, they also have such real visual weight, they live in this space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color explosion in this piece. Great painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color and brushwork! I like the composition, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the burst of colors!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is incredible! Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's hard to believe this is a small painting, Lisa. There is so much packed into it--it's really beautiful. I love the sunflowers, and the folds in the cloths are so well done. Really a wonderful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I agree with Virgina, it is hard to believe this gem of a painting is only 6x6.
    So fun, so much happy energy in this one.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow wee! This is your best yet, along with the larger version. The red ground is spot on. Forget the landscape, you should be basking in the glory of this little gem instead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This painting is just delightful! The colors are absolutely wonderful as well as the painterly brush strokes.

    And with an agent like Brie, how could you lose?

    ReplyDelete