Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Pie #435























I would like to congratulate some of the daily painters on the DPO site for their endless willpower while painting donuts. I would not, could not, paint a donut. I would eat it.

Let's face it, I might never paint a cupcake either.

Really, who would I be kidding, I'd go to the bakery, buy three cupcakes (because odd numbers are very pleasing) get home, set up said three delicious cupcakes and, because odd numbers are pleasing, as previously mentioned, promptly eat two. Ah, ha, odd number ONE! Ooops, only one now left, looking lonely? I am a humane cupcake owner, I would eat that one too, put it out of it's misery.

And probably all before breakfast. I love frosting that much. I would love to paint baked goods, but I know better.

10 comments:

  1. I'm one of the guilty here Lisa - and you caught me with frosting on my face!
    Feel so much better and healthier looking at your painting, but think I'm addicted to all the sugar right now.
    Your right apple is a thing of beauty! Great painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I gain weight just looking at their paintings...

    Love the brushstroke. And where's the third apple???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! Frosting smells so good I would not be able to resist the set up.
    This painting is wonderful. Love the textures and the colors. Somehow you balanced that bright, yummy green in the left corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The donut wars are making me laugh as is your post about cupcakes. As always, your brush work sings, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa...Thank you for the info, I have not visited you blog lately and forgot how great your work is....
    Your work has a great sense of abstraction, I love the "Shy" chair painting! Your brushwork is so deliberate and strong!

    You also write well....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you...I have no will power when it comes to donuts. I was eyeing several with sprinkles today and decided they looked much better in the case than on me. This painting is so colorful and bright. Love the spectrum of color in the apples.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy your color sense- those peaches, yellows and blues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the apples, now based on your comments, I assume, that you won't be baking the pie or painting it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. :D … well, painting … eating … it's all good nourishment in the end! And - Lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa, too funny! I was just thinking what torture it is to see all these delectable donut paintings. love your little helper in your picture

    ReplyDelete