Thursday, August 26, 2010

Seven (Good Game) #458























No, no I haven't lost count again - I've had a painting request!. . . an old high school friend asked me to paint a photo of his two boys.

Sight unseen, I was a little nervous - a self proclaimed fish out of water around painting from photos and painting people - but when I got the photo, I thought how charming! So, even though I don't normally paint from photos and I pretty much don't paint people and sure, there are few things I could improve upon here (but isn't there always?) I loved doing this because it made me go WAY outside my comfort zone (much like aforementioned flappy out of water fish).

The tree and the color around the blue glows a bit more in real life. . . fyi.

Not sure if this one is for sale or not - I have to ask if the dad who requested it likes it first. . . I'll let you know.

8x8", acrylic

17 comments:

  1. Oh goodness! You never cease to amaze me with what you can do! I love this and even though you are out of your comfort zone, it is awesome! I am sure the father will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow...this is absolutely amazing. I don't even know these two boys but the painting is so touching nonetheless. It reminds me of my two nephews who are the best of friends. You are so incredibly talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You paint people now! Great job Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Lisa, a real winner! More figurative paintings should be in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You captured the movement of youth so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This painting brought tears to my eyes. I have a feeling that it will not be for sale. It (and you) are awesome!

    *sniff, sniff*

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's always a good thing for a creative person to step out of "the comfort zone" that's when something interesting happens! This is very charming, and we can all see you didn't just copy the photo.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog, appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa! Lisa! Lisa! Tears to my eyes. You rock so much!
    Don't ever stop painting! Paint anything and everything. This one is a total, fantastic, wonderful surprise.
    Thank you so very much.
    Art Buddy Michael

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good work, Lisa! Maybe you should stay 'out of water' for a while and have some 'people fun'!

    You are not going to believe my word identification:
    "sperm". Are they serious?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job with this Lisa. Hope this will encourage you to try some more figures. Fun to mix it up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it, too! You absolutely captured the mood and your brushwork is wonderful as always! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This little painting is vital and charming! You paint figures with a lot of sensitivity...you should do more. Thank you for commenting on my blog - looking forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome Girl! You can paint ANYTHING well

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lisa....just fabulous!! please do more of these..you really captured this moment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What more is there to say, other than you have found another genre to add to your repertoire! I'm looking forward to more of these. . .

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE THIS! Dito Dito Dito to all of the above. Dad will love this!

    ReplyDelete