Thursday, September 9, 2010

Trouble #472























Tomatoes are nothing but trouble this time of year. I got it bad. I might need to turn into a tomato fairy and deliver them to unsuspecting neighbors (roll up the car windows, you've been forewarned, ladies, save yourselves). Those two little tomato plants turned into four - I really don't know what happened - and I never even watered the garden - I know - how can that be? I can prove it, I didn't take the hose out of the basement this year.


6 comments:

  1. Lisa...that's hilarious...I wish I could ignore the garden and then see it flourish. Nice painting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was only zucchini that grew so prolifically that you have to leave them on neighbors' porches under cover of night. I'd leave the porch light on for tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tomato season and strive to preserve as much of it as I can for loving meals throughout the year! Any they are such a beautiful fruit … which you've lovingly captured in this painting. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your color palette is so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had better luck than us this year. Our tomatoes were a bust:( Great painting, and funny story:)

    ReplyDelete