Monday, February 7, 2011

Grow #622 12x12























So, I tried the ten minute challenge today (not posted yet) and I discovered around painting #4 I used a lot less white, more pure colors - I have a thing for the white paint sometimes, it's like a safety net when I'm out of my comfort zone. So, I think I might try the challenge again. I'd post them now but they are still a little sticky. . . and cleaning wet paint off the scanner is not as much fun as it sounds.

12x12in, acrylic

9 comments:

  1. Lisa, beautiful colors in this piece. Working on the challenge too. Amazing what we each discover as we go through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been on a kick of colors that i just love. Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you are persistent. Love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors in this one. So spring like and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome - LOVE the flowers, AND the glass! And.. well, OK, I love the stripes, too. I guess I just love everything about this painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, I am in love with this one. It is so modern with the background you've done. It all just works so beautifully:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. interesting comments you made....I have studied your colors, which are always so spring like, and never really thought the opaque whiteness of them was ever anything but a deliberate choice...we all have our things don't we? Your pieces lately have been especially lovely...I need to try that challenge again, I know it is good one, but it scares me a little bit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa!
    Your ability and your dedication to produce so many wonderful works of art every day is remarkable and inspiring. Keep on keeping on!
    Art Buddy MIguel

    ReplyDelete