Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Long Lasting #897

























These flowers are something else, zinnia's I think? I've had them since Oct 29th. Must make me look suspicious when I'm painting the same flower a week later as to if I am indeed painting this painting today and not a week ago. But, rest assured, I did. Right after I killed a 24x30 painting, poor painting. Eh. Thing is the 24 x30 looked like it had potential at one point and I thought, well, now that's boring, so I decided I would mess it up a little. Clearly still influenced by the artist talk by Barron Storey a couple weeks ago. Sometimes I think, well, I know I can paint something but what else can I do to it? still life, acrylic 6x6" $100 click here to purchase $7 shipping and handling

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and love your painting style. The looseness of your brushstrokes is wonderful, as is the bright colors...especially the red of the zinnia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even one week after the Zinnia is still fresh and eyeopening , this one is beautiful as was the first one.

    ReplyDelete