Sunday, February 19, 2012

#1000




















Yesterday I finally decided to approach the 1000th painting as I have all the others; as a response and record of my immediate daily surroundings. But luckily for me today's painting was to be done in the company of painting friends I've met over the past 1000 days.

Five of us (and two parrots - don't ask) embarked on a paint out. We headed to a greenhouse and marveled in a gloriously warm and tropical afternoon surrounded by kumquat shrubs and pineapple trees and aforementioned parrots. We put our brushes down and secretly toasted when painting 1000 was completed (phew), then onward to a most enjoyable dinner. Words to state how happy I am without sounding trite or corny are hard to come by. I always feel I can never express my gratitude enough, but thank you to everyone for finding my blog and reading my posts and opening my daily emails. And thank you to everyone who celebrated 1000 with me or 999 or any of the other days along the way. I appreciate it more than you'll know.

So, about this 1000th painting, because I know you are wondering but you're too polite to ask; I recently learned about On Kawara an artist who has done a series of 'date paintings' consecutively since 1965. And happily, I also learned there were even more artists working within the parameters of daily ritual and routine. One artist even set out for a pursuit of infinity. As a result, I'm thinking a lot about process of the daily ritual and this painting is an appropriation of Kawara. But wait! You were expecting a painting of sugar bowl maybe? Well, so was I, so I did that too. . . the sugar bowl, as I may have mentioned is my favorite relic from my grandmother's house. . . '1000', 4x4" acrylic • '1000 and a half' 4x4", acrylic -  sold. One last thing: Thank you again for seeing me along these 1000 days. . . sold

35 comments:

  1. Love 1000 with the bit of red and 1000.5 little lit-up sugar bowl! Congratulations on your 1000th post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you on your 1000th painting! Such an amazing achievement! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have looked forward to this post all day! In the end, you brought both tears to my eyes and a smile to my face. What a wonderful day! I am so proud of and happy for you, Lisa. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looooove them!!!! Congratulations my friend :) I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An amazing accomplishment!! CONGRATULATIONS! Love all your work! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both 1000 and 1000.5 - what a great accomplishment! Here's to the next 1000!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on a mammoth undertaking and spectacular achievement. All are thrilled and inspired by your devotion to your goals. Blessings! On to the next ten hundred.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, your thanks to all of us for supporting you speaks to your generosity. Every time I checked your blog to see what further treasures you had posted, I felt like a kid looking under the tree on Christmas morning. Your persistence gifted us all for more than 2 and 3/4 years (but you knew that, didn't you). Personally, I don't remember anyone doing that for me before. So, yeah...THANK YOU!
    P.S. Give Brie the chop of her choice. She earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Always enjoy your artwork and admire your stick to it ness:) Love the sugar bowl. Glad you had a little group (parrots included) to celebrate- that is as it should be...well done Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE IT! Why am I not surprised by #1000! It is you.

    Glad you were able to share the day with others in a paint out.


    Now, stop resting on your laurels and get started on the next 1000. . .

    Your #1 Cheerleader

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed your post about your day, and I am sitting here smiling because of your wonderful accomplishment! Here's to many more wonderful days and paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on 1000 daily paintings. Every day at 1:00 my phone chimes and I get your post. It tells me to keep painting because out there is a strong determined person and if she can do it, so can I. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on sticking with it for 1000 days. You are truly a committed artist. I'm sure Brie is also impressed :) You're amazing, Lisa!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations. I have enjoyed seeing your journey and look forward to the next 1000...

    ReplyDelete
  15. And Thank You for sharing your journey in art with the rest of us-paint on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your magnificent accomplishment! You are in inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats Lisa!! You are such an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bravo Lisa!
    I love your choice for the 1000 painting!
    "1000"
    Fantastic! A great surprise and a very successful piece with plenty of meaning and emotion. Now and in the future this work will be a source of great inspiration, art appreciation and artist appreciation. You are a treasure! Well done!
    ABM

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! You are an inspiration to myself, a brand new artist, who began the daily painting journey last October. What an accomplishment! :) Christine

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely post to commemorate your 1000th! Cheers, Lisa! Keep the beautiful work coming!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hooray! You were one of the very first daily painters I found when I started daily painting last year, and yes, like all the others who posted, I've been inspired daily by your work....I can hardly wait to get to my number 1,000....in a couple years!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congraulations Lisa,

    I am now approaching 3000 so I know what the journey of small steps can do.
    I look foreward to viewing 1001!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So glad I was there for this momentous occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are an inspiration to all of us artists and breast cancer survivors.
    Congratulations on reaching your goal. I still want to take a class from you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing job! I'm incredibly impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are an incredibly gifted and generous person, Lisa. Thank you for taking us along on your journey - your dailies inspire us more than you can imagine.
    1000 congratulations to you and Brie.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are awesome! I look forward to the next 1000 paintings! Congrats!
    -Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations,Lisa! This is a wonderful post for your 1000th daily painting and it is remarkable that you are such an important part of so many people's daily lives -including mine! I am sending you love because you give so much to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dear Lisa,
    Congratulations! That is a real accomplishment. Something to be proud of. Wow : ) I have loved following you and been very impressed with your dedication. I love your sense of light. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. WAY awesome!
    I love this milestone painting!

    ReplyDelete