Wednesday, October 16, 2013

1605 Construct


sold Other News: French artist ORLAN was at the TransCultural Exchange Conference this weekend. She is best known for using plastic surgery to transform herself - so her own physicality and how she alters it is her work of art. She questions beauty stereotypes by adding features to herself that emulate historical references. For instance, she implanted forehead protrusions in reference to Mona Lisa's extended brow. Read more about ORLAN here still life, acrylic, 6" x 6"

3 comments:

  1. Your paintings are sooooo lovely!
    p.s.
    I have added my name to your blog post email list a few times and responded to the subscribe email, however I am not receiving them. I don't know if this gadget is in your control, or bloggers control... just lettin' you know in case it's a quick fix.
    p.p.s
    I still check in every week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone, thank you! Nora, I'm not sure what is going on w/the subscribe email, but I will look into it, thank your for telling me, I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete