Saturday, September 13, 2014

1937 Post - grad


still life, acrylic, 6" x 6" $100 click here to purchase 

I just returned from two nights in Provincetown - I stayed here as a guest 
 
of my friend Kim, (you can follow her blog here). Kim's thesis is based on the non-objectification of women and the exploration of the male gaze as defined by art critic John Berger in Ways of Seeing. This is my first visit back to Provincetown since being a student and I enjoyed every minute post-grad. I discovered one can rent kayaks right behind our class of 2013'a favorite haunt, the Squealing Pig. Although the winds were around 14mph the rental staff assured me it was sheltered - and they were right. (well, for yesterday at least, today was shall we say was textured?) - Today began with a painting, coffee and banter with one of my favorite FAWCER's. And then we shuffled off to the Herring Cove beach -  it was low tide, so we did some treasure hunting and found the most beautiful sea shells and perfectly tumbled sea glass. We went home by way of the FAWC (for Kim) while one of us (Kim) was at the FAWC, I scooted down to the Wired Puppy where I purchased a coffee bigger than my head named "Hair of the Dog." It was the perfect robust blend to get me to my next scheduled activity, more kayaking (I couldn't convince Kim or anyone to go with me - maybe due to the even stronger winds than yesterday?) - After a rather windy paddle, Kim and I ended our time together by strolling the galleries and shops of Commercial Street. I made it home by way of a birthday dinner for my mom and one more paddle in Hull (before the rain) and two last fish tacos of the season (they'll be back in May!). from Hull's Kitchen.