Thursday, August 12, 2010

Nosy Daisy #444























SOLD
Recently (yesterday) I rediscovered Cadmium Yellow Light. . . Mind you, I've been pouring it out every single day, it's what I use for my cool yellow. But what I have been noticing is the puddle it still intact at the end of my painting session. After my Alizarin absence day, I decided I will no longer neglect a color.

I was asked of the colors I use. . . I only use six plus white, Cadmium Red Medium, Alizarin, Cadmium Yellow Medium, Cadmium Yellow Light, Ultramarine Blue (green shade), Phthalo Blue (green shade) and Titanium White. . . I would recommend Lemon Yellow in place of Cadmium Yellow Light, but I've had a hard time finding it in acrylic.

6 comments:

  1. Very lovely! A very elegant composition. I like the limited colors, it makes for a very strong painting. And I admire you for being able to control Phthalo blue, which I've always found powerfully unruly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you think of hansa yellow? (thanks! love your work)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful painting, I'm so glad I found your blog. And your office assistant looks very helpful!
    hmm, yes, lots to learn about yellow!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quirky little, bent flower Lisa - precious!
    Your petals are so life-like. I want to turn the pot around so it can face me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the feel of these last few paintings. I think you are getting better and better. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa
    I like the daisy petal highlights! Just right.

    ReplyDelete