Friday, August 13, 2010

Rest #445























I did the biggest painting project of my life today. 14 FEET - okay, I give, it was my porch I painted, well stained it, actually.

But that was only after I finished a 24x24" first thing this morning. So, after a full day of painting things, I guess it's no wonder I accidentally almost centered the tomato paste can on this daily painting.

Other News: painting in Hingham Square tomorrow, swing by at noon to see the work in progress, I'll be behind, beside or in front of White Magedelena on South Street.

6x6", acrylic, $100

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous restful lovely colors and paint application!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, your post made me laugh, first I thought, wow that IS a big painting, til I read it was your porch. But then you created this beautiful painting, wow, you have had quite a day!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good painting, despite the almost centering of the can. Couldn't you get Brie to do the porch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your work! Isn't it fun to break the rules and still have a successful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa. I just opened the DPO site and among all the images on the home page, yours just popped out. The loose, dry quality of the strokes works so well with the soft pastels in your pallet. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That thick blue paint on the right, the dry brush blue on the left -- gorgeous. I love this painting! It is a little masterpiece, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a busy lady. I love the moody colors in this painting. It is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm having fun w/the cans - I've decided I need jars now!

    ReplyDelete