Monday, September 13, 2010

Before and After (# 475& #476)

#476 (today's) 6x6", acrylic, click here to purchase






















#475 (yesterday's) 6x6", acrylic, click here to purchase






















If I thought the Carol Marine workshop was the bee's knees the first time, I can't begin to describe how I feel completing my SECOND workshop. You see, the first time I took her workshop I hadn't been painting too much - I would try, get discouraged, try again - I knew I had a lot to learn but I had no idea how much there was. CM is a gifted teacher! Such ease! She simply makes sense and is clear, sincere and practical.

AND three other students from the first workshop I took also came back for a second time, so I got to meet them again AND a whole bunch of new people, some from not too far away and others from my two FAVORITE states, Vermont and Rhode Island. I had such a good time and again, if you've never taken a Carol Marine workshop please consider it!

Other News: She taught me the trick to highlights! I'll test it out tomorrow and share.

More News Still: Things that go bump in the night. . . Brie, the dog, tried to sleep on top of the nightstand during her first night's stay at my parents' house. . . such the calamity at one a.m. . .

15 comments:

  1. These are great! Beautiful brushstrokes. Love the richness of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great workshop, a great time … and a great value. Love these paintings of summer's late fruits. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely red cherries. You captured them so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The minute I saw the first one I said - "She's done with the Carol Marine workshop!". It's Lisa, only clearer! :) I loved my 'second time around' with Carol, too. I've taken workshops with a lot of people, and hers was tops!

    And my dog 'misbehaved' during the workshop, too... a Taco Bell ingestion disaster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cherries. Great color, composition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cherries are delicious Lisa!
    My favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa! These are gorgeous! And they're both so you. I love your colors. Great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice still lifes. I did my first workshop with Carol in August and find I'm still processing all she shared. Lucky you getting to do it twice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Number 475 is super! Beautiful rich colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of your work. ANd I am taking CM's workshop in San Antonio in January and I can't wait!!! I am a high school art teacher and my school is letting me take off to attend. How lucky am I? I love getting your daily emails. I often show them to my students.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of your work. ANd I am taking CM's workshop in San Antonio in January and I can't wait!!! I am a high school art teacher and my school is letting me take off to attend. How lucky am I? I love getting your daily emails. I often show them to my students.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa it was so good meeting you and I think you are so brave to do the bowls...all those circles! I will have to try a few from that above perspective. We missed you today. I feel really blessed to have taken this workshop and can't wait to photograph the results to post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa, these are so great! Love your compositions and confident brushwork. I am so envious that you've now taken the Workshop twice. I know Carol was in love with your paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kelley - I'm glad you noticed, I think it's all about the values - Carol is so right! How does she make such good observations all the time? Her mind/eye is so sharp.

    Thank you everyone - I am trying to use less white, although today I got a little carried away with it! oops!

    Christine, I missed going too - I was torn, but at the end of today realize I feel so good - I got the best of both worlds, the workshop AND being prepared for today - phew!

    ReplyDelete