Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Crossing Main #512























I'm turning into a tough cookie (oooh, there's that word again, I do love cookies).

Twice this week I have painted outside. I think today it was only 46° when we started. I wore a kayaking shirt, a turtleneck wool sweater, a fleece, a wool blazer and a gortex water/wind proof coat and a scarf. I could barely move my arms.

I wore the same ensemble hours later walking the dog - and promptly had three of the five layers wrapped around my waist by the halfway mark. . . apparently, it had warmed up.




5 comments:

  1. Love the abstract shapes! Great palette too. That spot of sunlight really pulls the entire piece together. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you ARE one tough cookie! Painting outside at that temperature ... my fingers would freeze! Beautiful painting ... I love the simplified scene; the colors are great. Gwen is right ... the sunlight on buildings is wonderful ... pulls you right in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the way the light hits the buildings! Yeah, toughen up, girl! Don't you love this time of year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you braved the cold, this is a great piece. The weather is cool enough to paint plein air here in Texas and when I'm being too lazy to go I'll think of you bundled up braving the cold and perhaps that will push me out of the door. You rock Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, really nice, Lisa! The light is wonderful and a nice abstract feel. I am so with you on painting outside, I can't get my head around going back inside, or painting from photos. I guess I'll be out there in my snow boots along with you!

    ReplyDelete