Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Gut #516

























sold
I figured rapidly freezing fingers would be the anecdote to fiddling over a painting for too long.

After the fussing I did yesterday, I made a last minute decision to paint plein air today.

I spotted this house this morning on my walk to the Gut with Brie.

Other News: This (click here Still Life of Bottles and Pitcher Giorgio Morandi) was the painting I liked a lot in person at the MFA that I couldn't remember - I also liked the colors in a Matisse I saw too, but I'm definitely more drawn to fully clothed paintings, like these nice, completely attired vessels.

6x6", acrylic, $100

5 comments:

  1. I love this, Lisa. You really caught the brightness of the sun. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That light green awning and the touches of peach are so pretty with the creamy yellows and grays!

    Morandi is one of my very favorites...thanks for the link. Such simple lines and spacing but so beautifully painted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm truly awestruck by the light in this scene. Well done. And yes, we should all demand modesty in our vessels. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sunny colors and strong shapes. I guess self imposed time limits often work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s always a pleasure
    to see such a Wonderful Work
    good creations

    ReplyDelete