Thursday, September 15, 2011

#843 Fitting Room


















still life, acrylic, 8"x 8"

I've been mincing my words lately.

I'm 'trying some new stuff on for size' as I like to put it. Not sure what will fit but I've been exposed to a lot of new ideas, methods and perceptions about my work over the past three weeks and am brewing up some things all on my own too.

I have had the privilege of many conversations with other artists while I've been here in Provincetown, MA.

The only way I know how is to work out these observations of my work and other art is visually. So, I'm going through some growing pains but am continuing to paint everyday and to remind myself, I cannot have the good without the bad. . .

6 comments:

  1. It's so interesting to see how you've set this up. I can't wait to see what direction this takes you, Lisa. Being exposed to new ideas can be so exciting and liberating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like this one. Wonderful interesting composition- colors are gorgeous.
    Have not seen a bad one yet so don't know what you are thinking or talking about Lisa:) Truly love your work and always find it refreshing to see some change ups. Good for you. As far as mincing words- tell us what you want, when you want and that is enough for us fans. Would like to say that this was a long post for you though:) Loved every word!! Take care and keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally admire the process of exploration you are moving through, Lisa. When all is said and done, the awareness you are gaining will be invaluable. BTW, I'm a fan of your recent landscape abstractions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you are growing in the right direction. The colors are fabulous. I like how you photographed the painting with the set up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, my art buddy! You are growing as an artist right before our eyes. It is fascinating to see all the many facets of your art. Bravo! Paint whatever you want and any way you wish. Who needs rules? Make your own!
    art amigo miguel

    ReplyDelete
  6. What bad? This is lovely. I really admire your work, Lisa. And your work ethic!

    ReplyDelete