Wednesday, May 2, 2012

#1073 Sunflower


This gentleman is a true sunflower and when he turned his chair to follow the sun, we were face to face, only feet apart. . .  so, I scampered off a little so it was not obvious that I was panting him. But then he came over to ask what I was painting. Caught, I pointed to the (his) empty chair. He was very kind about unknowingly being my subject.

Well, if you live in the MA area, you know this painting wasn't done today (still raining) but this is my entry for this month's Girls Just Wanna Paint blog challenge, it is on display at our show at the Bumpus Gallery in Duxbury. Below is my daily painting. But I must ask, are you sick of me painting flowers yet? I hope, not because I just got a remarkable bunch of sunflowers today, for real. This, below, is not them.

Fower still life, (below) acrylic, 5x7  (gentleman in chair for sale through the Bumpus Gallery in Duxbury). sold

7 comments:

  1. I love that you were caught. Sorry. I think it is funny. Knowing men, he was sure you were attracted to his great looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story about the gentleman you were painting! I really love this flower painting, Lisa -- love the warm tones contrasting against the cool background. The reflections in the glass are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't stop the flowers!!!! i enjoy looking at them every day!!! and anything else you want to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. not Sick of your Flower paintings at all Lisa. please keep them coming. All the best.
    vic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please don't stop the flowers! They are WONDERFUL! Enjoying them so much! What kind of acrylics are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, if you want to paint flowers, paint flowers! Besides, they are always unknowing and never shy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for the encouragement, because I really am very much enjoying painting them. SamArtDog, you are right, flowers don't mind being stared at, at all! RoseAnn, I'm using Liquitex Heavy Body acrylics because I like how their colors look and also the texture of the paint.

    ReplyDelete