Friday, December 11, 2009

Daily Painting #193

































I've been playing with interiors just a little. The top image (8"x 8") is from today. The sun was coming in by the staircase (read, what was I thinking, a STAIRCASE?) and I thought, how DELIGHTFUL. So, I started by chasing the light around, because that was changing quickly and everything it hit looked better than the last thing it lit up. And then, ooops somehow the perspective of the staircase (again, read, what was I thinking ?) got away from me.

Okay, don't panic, I corralled the perspective back (mostly) and then fixed the light again (I think). Anyhow, a bigger panel and bigger brush is in order the next time I try this.

The other one is from last week, I really just wanted to paint the bowl of fruit on the table, which I rewarded myself with after doing the interior first, that was posted then.

Other news; My assistant, Brie the dog, and I brought some fresh paintings down to White Magdelena in Hingham Square today.