Sunday, May 29, 2011

Saturday, May 28, 2011

#733 Contents Unknown

That's the thing about old bottles. 4x4in, acrylic, click here to purchase. (The image quality leaves a little to be desired, I shot it in the dark w/out a flash - eh.)

Friday, May 27, 2011

Hanging Around #732 (I think)

sold Thanks for keeping me company for so long Orange Star, but the peonies are almost here now. 4x4in, acrylic

Thursday, May 26, 2011

But Who's Counting #729 or #731

Yesterday was my daily painting two year mark. Obviously, I can't say much for my counting ability growing over the past two years, somewhere along the way I lost count because I haven't missed a day. Good Grief. And I didn't even realize it! 6x6in, acrylic, click here to purchase

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

#728 Shelf Life

Me and this salt go way back. Not the brand, this actual container of salt. While painting, I noticed the price tag which is from a town I lived in some time ago. This salt could be pushing vintage in age. I am going to look up the packaging design, that might offer a clue as to when I bought it. 6x6in, acrylic, click here to purchase

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

#727.25, #727.5, & #727.75

A painting frenzy OUTSIDE. Yes, you read that right - outdoors - NOT raining. Today was Painting with Page Day and we went to Damon's Point to paint. Such an unusual place, I loved painting the marsh and this house built on stilts. All the paintings are 4x4in, acrylic.

Friday, May 20, 2011

#723 Traveling Rhinceros

This little rhino is off to book club. . . or rather, club, I did not read the book. Shhhh, don't tell anyone, thanks. 6x6, acrylic, click here to purchase

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

#721 Lilacs II

Other News; I saw a Colin Page painting in real life today and many other wonderful things I'm too tired to yammer on about. Good night.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lilacs #720

I painted at Page's too today, but I forgot to bring my paintings home. . . I'll post them next week.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Brie's Cousin #719

Also working on some bigger flower paintings. The house smells delicious.
6x6in, acrylic

Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Dreaded Seawall #718

This is the view I see when Brie and I walk, and this is also the seawall someone hates.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Lady in Her Garden #717

I do not know this lady, but someone does and she's in the garden in a winter coat, with blue fur cuffs and collar, someplace other than here. She probably doesn't have her own Brie, the antagonist, standing in her blooming strawberry patch winding up to cause, er, let's call it, trouble. Spring has sprung. 9x9, acrylic, click here to purchase

Friday, May 13, 2011

Stripey Tulip 12x12in #716

I'm so happy blogger is working again. Brie is too, because in my down time, I thought we should go look at the view from the seawall. You can see Boston from the end of the street. Or rather, you can if you aren't a Wheaten petrified of the seawall . . at first, she barreled right towards the wall and I thought good, this is an improvement, maybe she's forgotten she hates it. And then she looked up. RETREAT, mission aborted, opposite direction, back to the road. . . maybe next year. available at Rowley Gallery

#715 Heirloom II

This posting was intended for May 12, but no one could post due to a little glitch w/blogger - but I've been using blogger for almost two years (can you believe it?) and I've never had a problem before. Rest assured, I painted yesterday, but couldn't blog about it. . . but wanted to!

#714 About that. . . 4x4in

About that short and stout thing.
This post was originally posted on May 11th, but blogger had a blooper and the original posting went away.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

10% Chance #713

There was only a 10% chance of rain, which meant a 90% chance of no rain - so Page's Tuesday Painting Group headed outside to WeirRiver Farm. They even put the bull away for us, so we could paint near the new piglets. And there was plenty of sheltered places away from the elements. 10% Chance is 4x4in, acrylic, click here to purchase

Monday, May 9, 2011

Heirloom #712

click here to see my "I'd rather be painting pie face," my submission for the DPW Challenge.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Finders Keepers #711

No, no, really, I will return this teapot, I promise. I was on my way out to take Brie, the dog, for her Sunday drive and to abandon said teapot on the doorstep, but I thought I'd have one last go-around. 6x6in, acrylic, $100, click here to purchase

Thursday, May 5, 2011

#708 Ink Jar, Flowers

Other News: This weekend is the second of the First Saturdays, Artists on the Square, I'll be painting in or around White Magdelena House, 60 South Street, Hingham Square noon - four, other artists will be painting too, like Kelley MacDonald, Tori Brega, Sally Dean (she'll be over at the farmer's market from nine to one) and fellow blogger (some of you might know her from Parish Center for the Arts), Laurie Miller. Visit Local Betty for more information, .

First Saturdays, Artists on the Square - an event with a European flair, recreating t
he tradition of artists coming together in a public space and working 'en plein air',
meaning 'in the open air' where onlookers can get a glimpse into the process of making a piece of art.
Visit the open air gallery in the courtyard behind the store for a weekly revolving display of artwork for sale. Working artists will be positioned nearby, refreshments will be se
rved indoors. Please call
781749-0048 for more information.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

If You Lick It. . . #707

. . . you own it. . . sorry, forgotten teapot Yankee swapper, the teapot might be mine now , I licked it and so did Brie.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Not My Swapped Prop #706

The GJWP Challenge Yankee Prop Swap left me with many new things to paint today!

We were all civilized in our swapping and I wound up with TWO, no, THREE props because someone forgot their swapped prop and I got a fabulous hostess prop, plus the one I got traded for and well, that equals three. So, this morning, I painted the prop that was not really mine. And I'm going to paint it some more before I have to give it back. There's nothing wrong with that, right?

Other News: it's a discovery really. An experiment was held last night, Brie, the goat-dog, was first on leash, then off and surprisingly, she kept herself out of trouble off leash. Did her own thing including stealing a napkin and having her way with it. Her craft needs serious attention.

Monday, May 2, 2011

24x24in Spring Bouquet #705

I finished this one up today, there is a glare across the bottom because I didn't scan this one in as I usually do because it's too big. GJWP tonight and we're having a Yankee Prop Swap - everyone is bringing a prop to, well, swap - bet you can't guess what mine is? hint; it's not the slice of pie.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Fluffy Pie #704

This month's GJWP painting challenge was to paint your interpretation of "Fluffy" (click here to see them all.) We have a month to pull this off and better yet, if you are the hostess of the challenge that month, you pick the theme!

So, there you have it, I picked Fluffy.

And at 7:05 this morning I still didn't have a painting and was off to the bakery to find something fluff worthy, Brie in tow.

For the last month, I've been encountering all things non fluffy - for instance, my glass bottles (about as unfluffy as you can get), apples (better not be fluffy), mushrooms, carrots, you get my drift. But WHAT ABOUT BRIE - she's fluffy? You're quietly asking yourself, but are too polite to mention - even she has been shorn (voluntarily) and looks a little like a small farm goat at the moment, very cute, but also, you guessed it, not so fluffy.