Saturday, July 2, 2011

#768 Cohasset


















SOLD
I painted outside in the late afternoon today, which is unusual for me, I am typically outside in the a.m. I decided to go later today to test the light and also after Brie's play date with a Jack Russell named Chase and a lovely mix of a dog with fox-like ears called Abby.

First thing this morning though, I started with a 12x12 and a 6x6. The 12x12in isn't done, I switched to the 6x6in half way through of the same subject matter to work out a few things before completing the bigger one.

Other News: The GJWP Challenge theme this month is 'foreign' click here to view all of the paintings. I almost painted my grape tomatoes all the way from Chile for this one, I couldn't come up with anything! But then remembered this photo. I like these challenges because it allows me to paint subjects I wouldn't ordinarily consider.