Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sunshine #481
























Coffee makes a good medium for acrylic.

I got up nice and early this morning, but admittedly, didn't get my full eight hours. . . I'm a little clumsy on this amount of sleep - after tripping over my easel and light cord, I er, um, mistakenly got coffee on the brush (don't ask) - instead of getting up and risking life and limb, I went with it.

I did this little vase again because I'm having a fun time differentiating between the two yellows, that of the flower and that of the vase.

Other News: I'm off to paint outside with Page Railsback today - even though I already painted this morning. I wanted to paint another still life this morning first w/the lessons of Carol Marine in my head and now I can go and paint outside, all warmed up.





9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Lisa. I love the red shadows! Your values are perfect. CM would be proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all these warm colors, and yes, I agree with Virginia...CM would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your painting is great... Very loose and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't get enough of this little vase and those buttery yellows. Love the warm shadow too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple and sweet. Very pleasing. And like Marian said - happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your paintings have risen to a whole new superb level...really beautiful Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful...great use of colour...great paint strokes...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful , beautiful! The shadow is superb! I see quite a development lately - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Liza,
    I'm so happy to have found your blog via Virginia Floyd's blog! I love your loose style, you really nail the essence of your subject and definately have your own color sense...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete